- Almost all parts of a mobile phone can recycled thus saving the exploitation of natural resources for making new ones.
- Conservation of precious metals like gold, silver and palladium.
- Recycling and refurbishing processes consume less energy and thus add directly to the energy saving measures.
- Careful processing of discarded mobile phones protects the environment from getting polluted.
- Recycling reduces the green house gases affect and reduces the toxicity levels.
The energy needed to produce a new product is several times the amount needed than reusing or recycling an old one. Recent studies show that only 20 to 40 percent of empty ink cartridges are recycled. This means that 60 to 80 percent will end up in landfills.
Recycling Ink Cartridges / Little-Known Facts
- It takes three pounds of resources to make a new cartridge. This quantity of raw materials is what you save when you recycle one empty inkjet cartridge.
- The average inkjet cartridge uses 3.5 oz. of oil in its production. Imagine this quantity saved a million times over.
- It takes 1,000 years for a cartridge to decompose even more when it is inside a landfill. Each year 300 million of these cartridges are thrown away. This amounts to 75,000 tons of trash.
- Remanufactured or recycled cartridges are just as good as new ones. When you buy recycled cartridges at a slightly cheaper price you are not sacrificing quality you are saving your money because money was saved by the companies remanufacturing this product.
The Team Green of Southwest Louisiana takes these items and finding a convenient drop off location is one of the easiest things ever!! Check out their permanent locations and roaming Green Truck locations below.